The team are working through our pitch decks while simultaneously building the prototype.
- Week 8 (Sprint 5)- Research
- Week 9 (Sprint 6) – Brainstorming and collating research
- Week 10 (Sprint 7) – Draft & Feedback
- Week 11 (Sprint 8) – Submit Pitch
Research (Sprint 5)
The Power of Three Again (because it works – Sustainability, Inclusivity and Safety).
Sam Lanyon – About Pitching
The idea of pitching can be quite daunting if you do not have a lot of experience. The RealWORKS team has put together a series of videos that provide techniques and guidance for structuring and delivering presentations. Watch these videos if you require some more general information about how to engage audiences.
- Pitching Approaches
- Pitching, Presenting and Person Branding
- Presenting with Power
- Audience Engagement – Spark
- Audience Engagement – Questions and The Body
- Audience Engagement – Emotions
- Audience Engagement – Silence and Suspense
- Audience Engagement – Telling Stories
- Audience Engagement – Sharings
- Audience Engagement – Pre-Stage and Closing
- Audience Engagement – EPIC Openings
- “engage their emotions”
- ask questions
- Engagement: ask them to participate
- Pre-Stage and Closing: “Who do you need to thank?” Call to action, what are they going to go away and do and what do we want?
- Enroll your audience
I gathered together a copy of our pitch decks so far, one or two pitch strategies and some notes. The team planned a synchronous time to collaborate through Miro, taking notes on different topics. We also played around with slides and images to get a feel of our pitch.
Refining our ideas
- Talk about why the pitch is so visual (citation)
- A collaborative session that lasted a long time but created a cohesive pitch
- UX Team set the tone for photography and selected branding colours, I collaboratively selected images to suit our fun cocktail inpsired cheeky social style
We broke down our collaborative efforts for a pitch into topics and selected a person for each topic depending on who we felt it suited.
Working through our approach.
Step 3. Iterate until our pitch tells a story
More on our approach
The UX Team set the visual tone for our Pitch Deck: Bright and vibrant photography. We then selected our own images, templates and colours (from our branding guide) to suit a cohesive pitch deck that also represents us individually.
Sarah’s Pitch Deck:
Team Pitch Deck Video: